Stoner & Co Specializes in the Double Disc Grinding of Ferrous and Non-Ferrous Metals from One Piece to Millions of Pieces
Tight Tolerances and a Wide Array of Sizes, Shapes and Materials
We have the ability to hold tight tolerances, in some cases up to .0002, and to process a wide array of different sizes, shapes and materials on our seventeen double disc machines ranging in grinding wheel size from 12” to 42”. Double-Disc Grinding is a highly efficient grinding method that reduces premachining costs up to 50% and provides dimensional tolerances, parallelism, and flatness. We perform both long and short production runs.
- Cast Iron
- Stainless Steel
- Plus Many More!
- Ferrous and non-ferrous metals annealed or hardened up to 67 RC
- Dimensions to ±.0002
- Parallelism to ±.0002
- Flatness to ±.0002
- Micro finishes of up to 16 RMS
- .250” o.d.---18” o.d. for round parts
- Products from .250" sq. to in some cases 20" sq. or more
- Bars to 12’ or more in length
- Thickness ranging from .030 to 4”
Double Disc Grinding uses two abrasive discs to remove even stock on two opposite and parallel sides of the work piece. The grinding of two sides, simultaneously, reduces handling and reduces grinding time, speeds production and provides consistency over the entire run of parts.